- Be on time. 10-15 minutes early to gather your name badge, pick up a beverage or any food offered, and find your seat.
- Turn off all electronics. Unless instructed otherwise by the presenter. There is nothing more inconsiderate than a cell phone ringing. Put it on vibrate. If the call is urgent excuse yourself or wait for a break.
- Return from breaks promptly. 15 minutes means 15 minutes. By not respecting this you will hold up the class or slow it down. The presenter has information that must be covered.
- Be considerate of the attendees around you. Please don’t spread your papers, folders, coffee, water etc. all over the table.
- Don’t interrupt the presenter. When you disagree with the presenter or they have said something that you may have other facts or information on, please don’t interrupt the class. Wait until break and speak to the presenter one on one. The presenter has valuable information to share and a limited time to present it. It is incredibly rude to garner the presenter’s time and it changes the dynamics of the presentation. If you don’t agree, wait for the break.
- Be attentive. Please don’t try to catch up with your friends during the presentation. Please don’t whisper, gossip, or show indifference, it’s contagious.
A great audience makes for a great workshop or presentation.